Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Red Riding Hood Cosplay (partial)

Since I am repeating my cosplay for Red Riding Hood from Once Upon a Time, there isn't much to post.

As stated previously, I bought a new peasant top from Kohl's for around $10. It's not exact, but it's much better than the one I wore last year.

However, some other adjustments needed to be made for Red. For instance, because my cloak is so heavy, it tends to just hang on my body. I need to work on a better way to position my hooded cloak.

Also, last year I lost the necklace I made so I made another one.

Here's a reference of Red's necklace. It's gold with a red charm.


I bought a 2-pack button from Hobby Lobby last year, and only needed one. So I used the spare one to make the necklace again. I first removed three of the "petals" from the button.
I then filed around the rough edges with a nail file. Lastly, I took an earring hook and straightened it out to create a loop. I hotglued the loop to the back of the charm so I could attach a jump ring and chain.

Easy right? This didn't take me very long at all. Now my Red costume is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment