Thursday, June 18, 2015

Misaki Ayuzawa Cosplay (all parts)

Sunday's cosplay is from an anime that I really love: "Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama." The anime is about the student body president hiding the fact that she works as a waitress at a popular maid cafe. I will be dressing as school Misaki and my sister will be dressed as Maid Misa! Originally my sister and I wanted to dress as the Hitachiin Twins from "Ouran High School Host Club" but we found that getting a hold of some identical blue blazers was too hard. 

Google Images is really lacking in the Misaki school uniform pictures, but here are a few I found:

As you can see, her school uniform is a lovely (sarcasm here) lime green blazer accompanied by a red bow and yellow skirt. In the manga and theme song, the skirt is plaid. But as you can see from the image on the right, the skirt in the anime is solid.

I thought the hardest part was going to be finding that darn green blazer! I found nothing online for months. I finally had a chance to go to my local Goodwill and lo and behold I found not one, not two, but like 6 different lime green blazers!! Most were too big for me but I ended up getting a corduroy jacket (not blazer) for $4.99.

 The sleeves were a little big so my friend (Hi, Mary!!) helped alter them. I removed the buttons on the pockets and the top 5 on the jacket. I only kept the bottom and third from the bottom buttons. I then folded the collar down to resemble a lapel on a blazer and sewed it down.

I have a corduroy khaki skirt, white button down, black knee highs, and brown loafer shoes already. All I have left is the bow tie.

I bought some red fabric (a bandana for $1.29) at Hobby Lobby to use for the bow. I've been making hair bows for a while now (I learned using this video here) so I made two of them exactly the same size. I then arranged one on top of the other and tied them together with thread first. Then I used hot glue to secure. I took a strip (see video) and covered the thread/center with it. Instead of cutting the excess fabric on the strip, I looped it on the back. This way I was able to run some spare red ribbon through it to tie around my neck.

 
It's slightly lopsided but other than that I say it looks pretty good! 

The final Cosplay picture will be posted soon!

Total Cosplay cost (not including tax): $6.28 :o

No comments:

Post a Comment