Friday, June 10, 2016

Wizard World NOLA Part 3: Meeting Chris and Hayley

As mentioned in Part 1, the process for getting our tickets verified for our photo op was quite organized. The lines were also organized. However, we ended up having to wait almost an hour to actually take our picture.

After attending our one panel, we went to change into our nicer blouses. I wore my Cap pin and we made my sister an SSR sticker out of some left over felt from our FitzSimmons cosplay. We showed the attendant our card that they gave us earlier and they collected it. Then we found our line and waited.



 There were several red curtained areas up ahead of us, one for each photo op group. There were probably about photo areas. I was getting nervous and wasn't sure what I was going to say when I met them. My sister and I agreed to ask for a group hug as our pose but as we saw other people with their photos in hand (with different celebrities), none of them had fun or silly poses. We thought that maybe something happened and they were no longer letting fans pose.

We finally got up to the tent. On the other side of the curtain we could hear the photographer say "1, 2, 3" and then see a flash. About 2 seconds later, she did it again. They were taking photos so fast that we didn't think people were asking for poses. 

There's a small curtained area before you actually go through another curtain to the celebrities. They let about 10 people in at a time n this area. Once you get through the other curtain, there is a long table where you can put your bags and things. There they were, in person! But they looked so tired. The girl before us asked for the "awkward prom" pose and the photographer seemed irritated while Chris and Hayley just got in position, without a word. We were next. My sister already set her things down and stood by Hayley. Chris closed in on the other side, but my sister, knowing how much of a Chris fan I am, scooted herself and Hayley over so I could be next to Chris. Hayley told us we "looked lovely" and was trying to look at my sister's SSR sticker. I said "hi" to Chris but I don't think he heard me. We didn't  have time to ask for our group hug and after the girl in front of us, we didn't want to be a bother. Chris put his arm around me and I put on my biggest smile. I was shaking. "1, 2, 3" *flash*. That's it, it was over. I thanked Chris and again, he said nothing. I grabbed my things and headed out through the curtain and followed the taped arrows on the floor to the printing station.

The photos were printed super fast on a nice 8x10 sheet inside a plastic slip. We redeemed our digital copy and the man explained how to access it online. 

It was over. I had finally met my meatball and I didn't say but three words to him. Hopefully I'll get to meet him again one day and be able to talk to him or give him a gift or something. I figured he must had been really tired of the previous photo ops, the signings, and the early morning panel. Our photo was number 1,000 something, so he must have taken a lot of photos. The next day, he was at the Golden Globes, so I'm sure he was ready to get some sleep. 

I later learned he has anxiety and so maybe that's why he was a quiet also. I respect that he comes to conventions and offers to interact with fans despite his anxiety. I now have a photo and memory that will last forever. Was it worth $250? Probably not. But it was still fun just the same.

That wraps up my adventures at WWNOLA! Have you ever been to Wizard World? Tell me about your experience in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment