Sunday, June 12, 2016

SDCC 16, Here We Come!

My sister and I as Emma Swan and Red at SDCC 15
Back in November during pre-sale, my sister and I were unfortunately only able to get badges for Thursday and Sunday. Come January, we brought reinforcements. We had more people trying to get badges in our group which meant more chances for us to get the days we were missing. However, the odds just weren't in our favor and none of us got badges.

That being said, cosplay should be easy enough. We knew we would repeat our Once Upon a Time cosplays from before. We could just repeat one of the many cosplays we had from previous years, but of course we had to make it difficult on ourselves.


Last year, I made sketches to be Arsenal/Roy Harper from CW's Arrow. I was having trouble finding a leather jacket and was spending so much time making 3 new costumes for myself and 2 for my sister (including that lovely Emma Swan vest) that I simply didn't have the energy or time or skill to make an Arsenal cosplay work.

Arrow and Arsenal from CW's "Arrow" (Image from Heroic Hollywood)
 But because we are repeating our OUAT cosplays this year, we have time to make a Team Arrow cosplay! We will be dressed as Emma and Red on Thursday and Arrow and Arsenal on Sunday.

I will be providing several blog posts on how to make my Arsenal cosplay. I'm about 45% done with the entire thing (the accessories and weapons are taking forever...no wonder his name is Arsenal). I may try to get my sister to write a guest post on her Green Arrow cosplay.

In my mind, the posts will be broken down into research, buy-able items, weapons, accessories, and lastly the bow and arrows.

Come back tomorrow to read the first installment in the Arsenal Cosplay tutorial!

QOTD: Who will you cosplay as at your next convention?




No comments:

Post a Comment