Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Make Way for Mary, Queen of Scots (Part 2)

A beautiful crown would not be complete without some beautiful hair.

My hair is naturally straight and dark. Lucky for me, Mary has recently been wearing her hair straight instead of wavy (Yay for not needing to pack a curling iron!)

Photo from TV Fanatic

Mary has also traded her traditional 3-strand braids for rope braids.
I found some good tutorials here and here if you want to take a look at those.

Mary still keeps here traditional 3-strand accent braid though (you can see on the right of the picture). I always see her and her ladies adorning their braids with pearls. So I took some pearl earrings in various sizes and just put them in my hair and secured with an earring back. It looks awesome!

As for makeup, Mary usually has full brows, brown and warm eyes, a brighter lip, and a subtle blush.
Picture from Adelaide Kane (@adelaidekane) 

She also brings the brown under her lash line. I used two peachy/blush eyeshadows in the crease (NYX's Madelines and Macaroons pallet). Then I used NYX's "Happy Hour" to fill in my brows and all over the lid. I used the darkest shade in the pallet to line my upper and half my lower lash line. Then use a shimmering gold color on the inner 1/3 of the lower lash line. Finish with mascara and a sweep of light blush and a pink lip.

Days Until Comic-Con: 7

Read Make Way for Mary, Queen of Scots Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment